Sunday, May 29, 2011

Princess Belle and Black Spaghetti

Day 3.
Day 3 started out with church and then many games of sports. If the boys were not in shape, they will be after this trip. They played 3 games of soccer, followed by 2 games of basketball, badmitton, and knock out. The girls played badmitton and knockout, but were too busy chatting with all our new friends or playing with princess Belle and the other tines. Princess Belle was a name given to the most precious tot by Princess Milcah. I cannot remember her real name. She might be the cutest child I've ever seen. After the games, we met with our ministry group. I loved this night. We went to a cute, romantic spot called "The Green Leaf." Besides the thousands of lizards that crawled around us, it was incredible. It had American food as well! I got a pepsi and rosemary chicken wrap. YUM. During dinner, the Thai students told us their testimony and how they came to know. It was definitley my favorite part. Hearing their stories was so special to me because they went against what their culture believed to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. That is incredible! Once my ministry partner, Tickky, converted and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior, she immediately told all her friends and some of them have come to know the Lord. I have so much to learn from her and I could not be more excited.

Day 4 was a Sunday, so naturally we went to church. Ha, but Church started at 1 so the students could sleep in. How nice! Love it. Church was amazing. We had lunch and then went into the big room to worship with the Thais. I was wondering how this was going to work out, since we both speak different languages. However, it was the most beautiful worship I've ever experienced. We sang together in our different languages rejoicing the Lord. Emotional experience for me-i cried the whole time. It reminded me of the verse in Revelation 7:9 which says, " After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. "
What an amazing picture of heaven.
After church we played more sports and games and headed home for the night. For dinner I had a drink that literally tasted like a butterfly. Interesting, I know. I fell asleep watching Letters to Juliet in Thai. What a great day. Tomorrow, going into the campus to do some ministry with Tikky!

Words for the day:
Cun Chu Aray- What is your name?
Kob Kun Ca- Thank you
Mai ped- no spicy


The boys after their soccer game

Sweet Princess Belle

Black Spaghetti-I did not order this


Our ministery team


2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about Tickky's testimony! You'll be so glad you have this blog to read when you get home, too! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, this is beautiful. Keep up the good work--all for God's glory. Too many of us only look out for ourselves, when we really should be serving others. The only way to life is through Jesus and by living like Him--entirely selfless.

    Have this new favorite song by Hillsong United, "Take heart". Have you heard it? Check it out on youtube if you get the chance.

    Take it you won't be up at the Lake over the 4th. We'll miss you! Enjoy your time in Thailand and keep up the good work!

    -Tad

    ReplyDelete