Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ghost Ladybug and Squid

Day 5 and 6 have been such a blast. We have been hanging out with our ministry partners more and it has been so fun getting to know them better. 
Day 5:

Today was our first day to go out with our ministry partner and start talking to freshman in the caf. Right now, we are trying to build friendships with these students and really just be interesting to them. We, CCP, pretty much are bait. We are the shiny cool toy that attracts the Thai students, but that is kind of all we can be right now. If we rush it, we could ruin the relationship from the start. Tikky and my target goal is the Education freshman. We will try and hang out with these 40 girls because they will be here the longest and P. Betsy (our staff leader) has already met all the sophomores, juniors, and seniors.The freshman are easy to spot because of their white shoes. Only the freshies wear the white shoes. After lunch we took a break and then went to the night market together. Better believe I was picked up on a motorcycle.SO MUCH FUN. I met some of Tikky's friends and walked around the night market looking at cute cheap clothes and yummy fruit. Dinner consisted of squid and shrimp. I ate 2 bites. So very thankful though for this food, especially lime smoothies.
Day 6
Today started with a double date trip to the Amazon cafe( coffee shop). I was so excited, just picturing a yum bagel, muffin, anything.. but sadly none were available. Little disappointing when I saw rice patties as the breakfast option. Towns and I split the blueberry smoothie instead. After that we went to the church and listened to a sermon about the urgency of spreading the gospel. It talked about how hell is real and Jesus can come any day. How much do we hate someone to not share the gospel with them? God uses our weaknesses in his strength. I love knowing that. Evangelism-not a strength of mine. After training, we went to lunch again with our ministry group. I met with Tikki and some of her friends. We had such a good conversation and found out some of their nicknames which included:
Bear, Nun, Elephant, and Ghost Ladybug(of course because she likes to fly and ladybugs are everywhere)

After lunch, we took a break and then met up with them again for the freshman orientation. The freshman were introduced and we actually were introduced as well. Favorite moment: As I was walking back to my seat, a Thai student yells I love you Katy and does the "I love you sign". Such a sweet moment. Later, we met up with some of the Freshman for dinner at the market place again. When  I introduce myself as Katy, they love to laugh and say "haha.. Katy Perry." so cute. I found out that my name in Thai means Coconut milk. Apparently, it's a good name. 

This week has been so incredible and I thank you for your prayers. Now I pray to be selfless, be a servant, and to not grow weary. They respect and value their king so much, and I want them to know the REAL king. How in awe we should all be of him. Thanks again for your prayers!

New words:
aroy-delicious
baba bobo-crazy
narac-lovely
cry cay cay guy-Where can i get fish eggs? 

The marketplace
Had to. They loved it.

Matching t-shirts. Don't worry. Me and Towns will get these.
This is the meal i ate. Well bought and stared at.
Motorcycle drive. Bah so fun!!!
Dragon fruit. Are you Americans jealous right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment