Saturday, June 4, 2011

SuSu--- "Press On"

 These past few days have been such a blur and so much fun. I have seen God answer so many prayers in so many ways. We still continue to go to the canteen( cafeteria) everyday for lunch meeting with more and more freshmen. Our talks have been so encouraging and fun. We are getting to know them more and more and they are starting to build trust with us each day. Wednesday night was so much fun.Our ministry team went to a gymnasium to do aerobics and meet some freshman there! Wow, it was a workout. I was videoing most of the time and I still was exhausted by the time it was finished. As aerobics was ending, we were kinda feeling a little bummed because the freshman group didn't show up but we were making plans to go to the market and meet some. Little way to show God was faithful and that he answers prayers- the sweetest freshman girl walked up to us(speaking perfect English) and asked if she could join us for dinner. How cool was that? And just as we were leaving, two of the freshman we were supposed to meet showed up last minute and joined us for dinner. God is so faithful. We had such a great dinner and conversation. I am hoping to keep in contact more with these girls. They have already left an impression on my heart.
Thursday night we had care team with all the Christians. This is the bible study discipleship group that P. Betsy (our leader) leads. (P is like Mrs. or Mr. in Thai.)  It was really cool to hear them share their heart, their struggles, and their praises and that we got to share ours as well. Thursday was also a special day for me, because I finally bought some American food. I did not know how much I would miss it. Annie Anne's pretzel was heaven in my mouth. God placed that wonderful place in the mall for a reason. 
This morning( Saturday) we awoke at 8 and jumped in the car to be taken to a cobra snake farm. Had no idea what to expect, but did not know it was going to be as intense as it was. They had snake boxing, snake dancing, and we got to hold a snake. Yes, I had a snake around my neck. I still feel gross. The dancers stuck the snake in their mouth, down their pants.. etc.. etc.UNBELIEVABLE. At one point, a snake snapped at us and everyone in our team literally jumped across the stands. It was so fun and such good team bonding. 
Please continue to pray for these Thai freshman we are meeting and that they would see Jesus in us and notice something different. That they would be interested in Christianity and open to friendship. Thank you again for praying and all your support! This has been an incredible opportunity. 
Big thing i learned last night. When God gives you the most important,best opportunities for something to happen, Satan usually tries to make you not want to do it. Such a good thing for me to think about.


Thai words

law-handsome
yin ti di dye rou jah- nice to meet you
Su su-press on/ keep fighting




Been dating this cutie for 17 months now. It's been so much fun!













Dinner with our ministry team at a cute Thai restaurant

Yes, that is a snake wrapped around my head and yes I was fearful for my life.

This child on the other hand thinks it's normal

No comments:

Post a Comment