Thursday, June 9, 2011

Freshies and Johnny Depp

These past few days have been so wonderful and so affirming that God has me in Thailand for a reason. I've seen God move in so many ways and am learning a ton. Lately, I have been seeing the authority of God and how powerful he is. So often I want to put God in a box and say he can only do so much, but really he can do as much as he wants. He has parted the waters, made a burning bush talk, and raised people from the death. My God is sut yah!!(awesome). Anyways, this weekend has been so great for rest and refueling ourselves up for the week. Saturday night, our team (guys and girls) went and did aerobics and then went to Pirates of the Carribbean afterwards. It was such a fun time for team bonding. I loved it. Sunday was a great day of rest and fun games with the team. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we have continued to go to the canteen( like a cafeteria) to meet more and more students. Thai students have convicted me so much because they are so welcoming and friendly to foreigners. When have I ever been so inviting to a foreigner besides Milky? hah j/k Milkshake;). But really, they have taught me how to love in a whole new way. Monday night was so fun. The students in edcuation had a big/little reveal. Basically the same as what we do in America. They all came with laundry baskets filled with stuff to give their littles. This week has been hard to get alot of time with the freshmen and sophomores because they are so busy with cheers( not so cheery, they get yelled at) and getting ready for freshy games. This week we are going to the temple and inviting students to come with us. I'm really excited about this week and can't wait for the next weeks to come. It's crazy how much I love these people already.

Prayers would be to put on the image of Christ every time I meet a new student and leave Katy K behind in the car. Pray also for health, alot of students are getting sick. Thanks again for reading and all your support. Much love.

New Words in Thai:
bocnoc or zaparot- pineapple
i like- chan chob
How much-tah ray
Lower the cost-lod dei mai
yak yei lei yak lek- big giant chasing little giant


The bigs and their baskets

Ministry group

They say this will be in style in 2 years for USA

Freshman cheers. Kinda like hazing

Roti- delicious!



Thai aerobics

2 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Enjoying your posts -tell Townsend you are doing a better job of teaching me some Thai words :) praying for y'all.

    Farrell (Pam's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want one of those hats! Love your blog. You are doing an awesome job making Bruce and I feel like we are on the Thai trip with you and Townsend. We are continually praying for you.

    ReplyDelete